Sunday, May 24, 2015

Does helpfulness even pays off at all?


Surprise, surprise. Yeah, I'm here again. Cousin housewarming yesterday (Yeah, last sat had another). So many housewarming these few weeks. Sore throat on Friday, it kinda subsided but these few days just purely coughing my lungs out that's all. I think whole kettle of water gonna be finish by me soon yet no impact. I'm coughing like mad. Feel like dying. Very xin ku.

But anyway. Have been thinking about something. Because some actions by a friend that make me kind of annoyed.

Isit true that the saying "All humans are self-centered" are reflected everywhere? Why can't people be more helpful? When friends ask me for help I usually help. RL friends are harder since everyone is busy in their own lives now, own studies own job own army stuff and such. Game friends virtual friends, yes I help. Be it finding things in game, or helping a friend to check through his assignment (sent through email) and I help him edit till midnight. Sure. No problem. Another ask me to help find things, etc, sure I find happily, no problem.

Even if people didn't ask me for help, seeing the way they response or talk, I can normally sense if something is wrong. I will ask. If I can help, sure I will. I don't need any fucking returns or anything. I'm helping because I want to.

Yet some people that I know, are so bloody selfish and self-centered that I really cannot bloody stand it. Come on, I'm helping you because I want to. I don't owe you anything at the end of the day, remember that. You don't have to behave as though it is a MUST to help you or whatsoever shit. I don't, I am doing it out of my own will. Remember that. It's okay if you don't appreciate but please don't fucking go overboard.

It's funny how people in this world are. I'm not making myself seem godly that I help others and such. I'm trying to say that being nice doesn't exactly pay off. Even after helping so much and everything, at the end of the day they only care for themselves. Getting pissed at me when I didn't wanna meet up cos I am sick, like now. Is that even reasonable? I don't need you to care for me cos I'm sick, just need you to understand. You don't. Only get angry that I don't wanna meet up. Insensitive you know?

And they pretend to help you. Offer you something and if you happen to seem to want to agree to the help, they suddenly change their mind and say that wow, they couldn't do this couldn't do that. I'm so tired, really. Can't the world be more simple? Isit that hard to make others happy by helping them? If I can why can't you?

So selfish. Think only about yourselves. Really, it's making me doubt myself whether I should help others in the first place, the way some people behave. Maybe I should also be all selfish and care only for myself, what others do does not affect me blahblah they can die for all I care blahblah.

But at the end of the day, I will not be able to do that. I know myself. I don't have to be like them, right. Putting others before myself actually kind of making me feel more better, seeing them happy is better. Since it's hard for me to be happy, why make everyone miserable, as well make others happy, right? :)

Moral. Others are mean to us doesn't mean we must be mean to others as well. We can go on making others happy no matter how they treat us. Easier said than done, but it's try-able.

No comments: